Tuesday 2 February 2016

Friday of Week 20 Year 2

What do you do when you are really down in the doldrums, when you feel as if there is no hope, when things look bleak and there does not seem to be any way out, when there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel? Would you give up and think that all is lost? Would you despair and go into severe depression, or even end it all? Or would you still trust in God, knowing that no matter how bad things may seem, He will help us out in His time?

In today's reading, we see how God is about to rescue the Israelites and give them life again: "Then he said, 'Son of man, these bones are the whole House of Israel. They keep saying, "Our bones are dried up, our hope has gone; we are as good as dead." So prophesy. Say to them, "The Lord says this: I am now going to open your graves; I mean to raise you from your graves, my people, and lead you back to the soil of Israel. And you will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and raise you from your graves, my people. And I shall put my spirit in you, and you will live, and I shall resettle you on your own soil; and you will know that I, the Lord, have said and done this – it is the Lord who speaks."" This reading shows us that God is not going to abandon us, no matter how bad or hopeless the situation may seem. Are we patient and humble enough to wait for God to save us? Would we be discerning enough to recognise when He comes to deliver us?

No comments:

Post a Comment