Thursday 19 February 2015

Tuesday of the 7th Week of Easter

Whenever I go to the coffee shop for breakfast or lunch, I come across different sorts of people. Some are at the coffee shop to have a meal before they go to work. Some bring their children for a meal before sending them to school or kindergarten. But I also notice a few uncles and aunties who are at the coffee shop to get together and have a long chat, sometimes a really really long chat. I have observed some uncles and aunties who can spend almost the whole day at the coffee shop (since I sometimes pass by and notice some of them still there engrossed in their conversation). It amazes me how some of these folks can find so much to talk about. But I suppose that some feel as if they have got nothing else better to do, and find comfort and solace with their fellow compatriots in having marathon sessions of sharing juicy bits. But as Christians, what should be our attitude towards utilising our words, our time and our efforts?

In today's reading, Paul tells us: "But life to me is not a thing to waste words on, provided that when I finish my race I have carried out the mission the Lord Jesus gave me – and that was to bear witness to the Good News of God’s grace." While there is nothing wrong with catching up with friends and talking about matters at hand, we should also not lose sight of our purpose and goal as Christians, as Paul has shown us. May we ultimately use our words and actions wisely for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment