Thursday 9 October 2014

Christ the King Year A

What sort of lives have we been living thoughout this year? Have we been living only for ourselves and perhaps for our immediate family members? Or have we been living a life of compassion and love towards our neighbour, especially the poor, the destitude, the needy, etc.? Do we know who is our neighbour? When the Son of Man comes in his glory as mentioned in today's Gospel, would we be among those to whom He says: "I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty and you gave me drink; I was a stranger and you made me welcome; naked and you clothed me, sick and you visited me, in prison and you came to see me."?

Our faith cannot be kept under wraps or only for ourselves. Our faith should lead to good works, so that all may see and give praise to God. Jesus is our King, but He is not the sort of king who only cares for himself and for his inner circle, He cares for each and every one of us. He has shown us the kind of faith that we ought to live and we are encouraged to follow His example. We hope that one day, we would hear Him say to us: “I tell you solemnly, in so far as you did this to one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did it to me.”

As we come to the end of this liturgical or church year, let us reflect on how we have been and the kind of life we have lived. Let us also strive to give our all to Jesus, and let Him be our help and guide, so that He, our God may be all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment