Friday 7 June 2019

Tuesday of Week 16 Year 1

It is easy for us to claim that we are related to Jesus, especially since we call ourselves brothers and sisters in Christ, sons and daughters of God. But being related to Jesus is not enough, since Jesus in today's Gospel reminds us that having a relationship with Him is more than just familial or blood-relationship. In the Gospel, He says: "'Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?' And stretching out his hand towards his disciples he said, 'Here are my mother and my brothers. Anyone who does the will of my Father in heaven, he is my brother and sister and mother.'"

The question we need to ask ourselves is this: Are we claiming "relationship" with Jesus only in name, while we lord it over others or feel proud about being such a relationship? Or have we learnt to be humble, and do the will of God? Relationship with Jesus is more than just words; may we put into action our "relationship" with Jesus through our words and deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment