Wednesday 30 July 2014

The Holy Guardian Angels

Each and everyone of us are precious to God. Sometimes some of us may feel as if we are being left alone or abandoned, but the fact is God loves us and wants us to be with Him. Our journey in life could be challenging, we may face uphill tasks, but God is always there to shepherd and guide us.

In today's reading, we are reminded: "The Lord says this: ‘I myself will send an angel before you to guard you as you go and to bring you to the place that I have prepared. Give him reverence and listen to all that he says. Offer him no defiance; he would not pardon such a fault, for my name is in him. If you listen carefully to his voice and do all that I say, I shall be enemy to your enemies, foe to your foes. My angel will go before you.’"

Each and every one of us is given a guardian angel to watch over us and protect us from harm and from evil. Sometimes we do naughty things thinking that no one is looking, but the fact is our guardian angel is present. Sometimes we may have experienced our conscience being pricked; perhaps our guardian angel is telling us to watch out, lest we fall into sin. Thus, let us be mindful of the counsel and guidance our guardian angel offers us, and strive towards building our relationship with God, walking humbly before Him and learning His ways.

O Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom His love entrusts me here, ever this day be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment