Monday 10 August 2020

Saturday of Week 31 Year 2

It is a reality in life that we need money to survive, especially in the modern world we live in. Few things in life are free, and to ensure a decent existence, we need to have some money with us. But needing to have some money does not mean we end up focusing only on money, at the risk or expense of losing our relationship with God. The question we need to ask is this: do we use money or do we serve money?

One good example of how one should use money and not serve money is St. Paul. In today's reading, St. Paul tells us: "I have learnt to manage on whatever I have, I know how to be poor and I know how to be rich too. I have been through my initiation and now I am ready for anything anywhere: full stomach or empty stomach, poverty or plenty. There is nothing I cannot master with the help of the One who gives me strength."

What about us? Are we learning to be like St. Paul and use money for the glory of God? Or have we allowed ourselves to become enslaved by money and serve money? May we come to realise our spiritual situation and what sort of relationship we have with God, and do something while we have the time and opportunity to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment