Saturday 17 January 2015

Tuesday of Holy Week

Do you know where are you going to? Is the path of life clear before you? Sometimes we are so caught up with things and situations of this world, that we become distracted and lose track of our ultimate destination. Sometimes some of us feel as if we are going through life just to make a living, raise children, gain some recognition, and then one day, when the children have grown up and have left the nest, when we are no longer able to make a living and are dependent on our pension or savings or other sources of income, when the many things we were able to do are no longer possible, due to age or illness, then what? Where do we go from here?

For some of us, such thoughts may have crossed our minds as we journey through life. At times, we may have wondered just as Isaiah wondered: "I have toiled in vain, I have exhausted myself for nothing." But what Isaiah later realised is: "and all the while my cause was with the Lord, my reward with my God. I was honoured in the eyes of the Lord, my God was my strength." We may have been running at other directions looking for joy, happiness, and peace, and all the while God is the best direction to go.

At the end of the day, we need to ask ourselves: are we still constantly running in circles and getting lost, just as some may experience if they depend on the worldly GPS ("Guna pun sesat" or "Use also can get lost"), or have we learnt to reposition our lives so that we are aligned towards our heavenly GPS (God our Powerful Source/Saviour)?

No comments:

Post a Comment