Monday 16 June 2014

Thursday of Week 15 Year 2

What do we look for when we feel burdened or worn out? Some people resort to substances to calm them down and may risk the danger of abusing such substances and becoming addicted. Some may resort to certain forms of entertainment which may be harmful to our health. Some may feel depressed and may despair, thinking there is no other way out and may do something drastic. How many of us are humble and willing to turn to God for help?

In today's Gospel, Jesus tells us: "Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light." Jesus is inviting us to turn to Him and let Him care for us and guide us through our difficulties and challenges. Are we still so stubbornly trying to do things our way, or have we begun to trust in Jesus' way?

No comments:

Post a Comment